Saturday, February 7, 2015

What Do We Want For Our Students?

I teach seniors, mainly, so I really want to make sure they're prepared for the college classroom. I don't want them to be the shy student I was. I don't want them to have the problems that these college students at Stanford have. [Update: Sometimes, the video below goes offline; it's usually temporary, so check back in a few days, if it's not available.]


Adina Glikman. Raise Your Hand. The Resilience Project. Online Video. Stanford University, 27  Jan. 2015. Web. 7 Feb. 2015.

Instead, I want them to have the confidence to speak up in class, to take ownership of their learning. I want them to be like these students in Alexis Wiggins's class.

I want my students to be able to do this:

And this:

And this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment